Amateur photographers and garden guests are welcome to shoot photos throughout the Garden as long as they are for their personal use and enjoyment, rather than for commercial or gallery use. All other photography sessions, personal or promotional/commercial, require a $250 fee be paid.
The Garden is available for personal photo shoots during the hours of 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Noon-4:00 p.m. on Sunday. No after-hour shoots are available. Please observe all guidelines listed below and be aware of the nature of the facilities that you are using. The Garden is fragile and irreplaceable. We encourage you to take photos with our beautiful Garden spaces as your backdrop in any available outdoor Garden space. Please be mindful that we are unable to reserve any specific Garden areas for photo sessions.
The fee for a personal photo shoot is $250.00 for two hours for up to 8 people, including the photographer/assistant. Maximum number of guests for the photo shoot is 10 (not including photographer/assistant) and the fee for over eight people is General Admission. Garden membership does not entitle the party, or part thereof, to waive this fee.
In order to protect our plant displays we do not allow photographers, clients, or equipment in any of our plant beds while taking photographs. Please do not block Garden pathways, guest common areas, building entrances and exits.
- All photographers and equipment, etc. must remain on pathways or open grass areas. To preserve the Garden, please do not go into planted areas or remove plant labels or signage for any reason. Please do not pick flowers, rearrange or remove any plants. Blocking the flow of visitor traffic is not permitted.
- Tripods are allowed as long as they do not block paths, interrupt tours, or interfere with the enjoyment of McKee Botanical Garden’s other guests and garden activity.
- Signs and other identifying features of the garden may not be photographed without prior written permission from McKee Botanical Garden. Credit photo location as ‘McKee Botanical Garden’, if used in publications, print collaterals, social media or reproduction for sale.
- There are no dressing room facilities. The bathrooms are not to be used as a dressing room as they are the public facilities for the Garden.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times. Changing of clothing or photography/videography of bathing suits or lingerie is not permitted. Nudity, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
- NO WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALLOWED.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Drones are not permitted on site.
- Photo shoots are NOT allowed in the Children’s Garden. Personal photography with cell phones and cameras is permitted, however, tripods and professional photography and equipment are prohibited.
If a photographer or individual fails to comply with the above stated guidelines, the Garden has the right to stop a photo session at any time or prohibit them from returning to the Garden. Photographer will not be reimbursed for any fees if this situation occurs.